Having a hankering for lasagna but not all the calories along with it? Give this delicious spaghetti squash lasagna a try and get excited for leftover tomorrow!
Cooking Directions Below
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Prepare the spaghetti squash. Cut in half; remove seeds and pulp strand. Rub one teaspoon olive oil into each squash half and season each with one quarter teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Place each spaghetti squash half face down in large baking dish and bake for 40 to 60 minutes until middle is tender and pulls apart easily.
3. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, saute garlic in remaining olive oil over medium hear until fragrant. Add turkey. Season with one quarter teaspoon each of salt and pepper and cook until browned.
4. Add tomatoes, onion powder, and one half teaspoon each of basil and oregano. When sauce starts to bubble, reduce heat to a simmer until thickened (about 3 to 4 minutes)
5. Combine ricotta and cottage cheese in a medium bowl. Season with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Lightly mix until combined.
6. When spaghetti squash is fully cooked, flip in the baking dish so that it is now skin-side down. Lightly scrape flesh with a fork to create spaghetti- like strands.
7. Evenly divide ricotta mixture between each squash half. Repeat with meat sauce. Top each half with one-half cup of mozzarella cheese.
8. Turn oven to broil, and cook for an additional two minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbling.